Knew Concepts Fret Saw This saw is incredibly lightweight, easy to use and precise when it comes to removing waste when dovetailing. The blade is extremely thin and unlike coping saws, can fit into a saw cut very easily without binding. People are often put off by this saw due to the belief that the […]
Free Online Woodworking School
Matt Estlea’s Free Online Woodworking School covers everything you need to know to get started on the right foot with woodworking. The school includes step by step instructions on a wide variety of topics, while also staying succinct enough to provide strong learning outcomes throughout the course and upon completion.
You will learn fundamental techniques and skills such as:
- Getting razor sharp edges on your planes and chisels
- Setting up tools for optimum performance
- Using tools correctly to ensure effective and accurate usage
- Preparing rough material by hand
- How to cut a range of joints from simple lap joints, all the way to mitred / angled dovetails.
In addition to these core modules, you will also find:
- Tool buying guides
- Material theory lessons
- Guidance on making projects ranging from a simple dovetailed box, all the way to a curved fronted side table with angled drawer fronts!
- Plans for projects
- Downloadable and printable lesson summaries to take the to workshop with you.
At the end of the course, you will have a strong understanding of carcass construction, planning and executing projects, and the confidence to begin designing and making your own furniture using the principles taught in this course. Best of all, it’s free!